FENG SHUI YOUR HOME 101: MAIN ENTRY
“Good” Feng Shui is more critical than you might think when selling a home. As a majority of the buyers in West Vancouver are Chinese, it is critical that you prepare your home to meet the cultural demands of this target market.
Almost every time I show a Chinese client a home or prepare a showing for Chinese buyers, I need to be on the ball when it comes to my knowledge of Feng Shui. Besides the lot and orientation of the home, the first thing that is noticed is the front entrance. Knowing how to prepare, problem solve, and respond to comments regarding the front entrance is critical when presenting the home. After all, the front entrance of your home is the where you welcome the direct flow of Chi energy into the home.
- Create a strong, welcoming “landing space” for energy. From a modest side table with a small lamp to a big round table placed in the center of your hallway with a flower-filled vase on top – there are many good feng shui decor choices to welcome Chi, or energy, into your home. If your space is limited, even a good quality main entry rug with vibrant colors or beautiful art and a strong wall color as a focal point can do the job.
- Use the five feng shui elements in the expression of shapes when decorating your front entrance.
- WOOD: Rectangular
- FIRE: Triangular
- EARTH: Square
- METAL: Round
- WATER: Wavy
- Choose your colours according to the energy you need and the location of your front entrance based on a compass. I’ll write more about colours and energy in a future post but here’s the gist of what you need to know about colours and energy.
FIRE ELEMENT – PASSION AND HIGH ENERGY
- Fire is the dominant feng shui element of South bagua area of your home or office. Northeast and Southwest feng shui areas also benefit from good fire element energy. Fire feng shui element colours are Red, Orange, and Purple.
EARTH ELEMENT – NOURISHMENT AND STABILITY
- Earth is the main feng shui element of Northeast and Southwest bagua areas. The Center of your home and office is also governed by the earth feng shui element. Feng shui earth element colors are Light Yellow, Beige, Skin Color, Earthy, and Sandy Colours.
METAL ELEMENT – CLARITY AND PRECISENESS
- Metal is the dominant feng shui element of West and Northwest bagua areas. North bagua area of your home or office also benefits from the presence of metal element. Feng shui metal element colors are Gray and White.
WATER ELEMENT – EASE AND ABUNDANCE
- Water is the feng shui element of North bagua area of your home or office. East and Southeast bagua areas also benefit from a strong Water element. Feng shui water element colors are Blue and Black.
WOOD ELEMENT – GROWTH AND VITALITY
- Wood is the main feng shui element of East and Southeast bagua areas of your home or office. South bagua area also benefits from a strong presence of wood element. Feng shui wood element colors are Brown and Green.
If you have any questions, feel free to call me at 604-561-5363 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.